1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT interview help, please! ITT

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by djphillips1408, Jan 18, 2011.

1. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Show them how to stack images into the columns to customise the graph from the bog standard colours. Those kids do love a pictogram you know....

2. Thank you, though I am not sure if they want me to actually teach! it is such a scary time, I have just stacked some images into my bar chart, about games consoles, in the hope that it will impress them. They may just ask how I did it.

3. Thanks for your help Matcat, I am having a major panic now and think that I may be going of on a tangent.
    Do you think that I should actually walk them through how to create pictograms in Excel, they are year 10, I am concerned that this may be teaching them to such eggs!

Any help or advice much appreciated,

4. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

The best person who can answer that particular question would be the one who is in charge of ICTat the school your interview is at. Why not email and ask, after all such an approach will be seen as enthusiastic and professional on your part.
    It's only a ten minute interview so please make sure that whatever materials you inted to use are available on the VLE of the school, if you run with a graph that needs relevant graphics then give them the graphics and don't give them the chance to search google as it wastes time.
    I woudl be surprised if they had been shown to stack and scale so I don't think you will make them suck eggs

5. Thank you Djphillips, I will email them. I am doing a dry run of the presentation tomorrow at my local secondary so that that will either reduce or inflame the nerves.
    I think if it was 5 minutes, I would have left it at just presenting with question and answers. The kids will not have access to a computer so it will be walking them through, which can be a little boring or disjointed. I intent to copy and paste the image into the graph, as I think adding it to the network adds more to my worries! I am also unsure how much prep time I have before so trying to get a plug and play presentation.

Thanks again.[​IMG]