1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT in Music Education help

Discussion in 'Australia - Staffroom' started by gavinbeck2004, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Hi Everyone,

I've been teaching music in a primary and secondary school for over a year new. I have a lot to learn as you know. I'm hoping you guys can help me with some questions regarding the use of ICT in music education. It would be great if you could give me some ideas/clues on a few things:

1. How is digital technologies impacting the learning of the skills in music education today?

2. What are the strengths of digital technology within the music education curriculum, with regard to the knowledge and skills of music education? For example, are there certain technologies or uses of technology that are superior to students understand of texture or music reading when compared to more traditional methods of instruction?

3. With the advent of new technologies to record, present and save music performance and/or composition, is music read still relevant in today's music education programs?

4. How is the impact of informal learning with mobile devices changing the ways of teaching music in your classroom?

I could really use the help.

Thanks,
    Budding teacher