1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT help with animations - please!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by butterbeer, Jun 30, 2012.

1. I used Windows Live Movie Maker with my Year 2s. They took lots of photos of their plasticine models moving and then we uploaded them onto Windows Movie Maker. You can adjust the duration so they run quickly and it is easy to add music, titles, credits etc. You can download Windows Live Movie Maker for free if you just google it. There are lots of helpful tutorials on You tube about how to use it if you need to.
    When I do it again next year I will use I Can Animate, as it does that onion skin thing where you can see your previous picture immediately and overlay the next one on top, so you can see the movement, but Movie Maker works well. Just remember to save project and then save movie at the end as this is where it creates it into a proper movie for viewing anywhere. I use Movie Make for lots of things now, as it is much more adaptable and interesting than powerpoint, though it is quite tricky for the Year 2s to use themselves. I Can Animate lets them do more of the technical stuff.

2. SansAtout

SansAtout New commenter

Duncan Whitehurst at Pembrokeshire LEA wrote some excellent guides to using the digi Blue cameras. If you download his animation pdf from http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/plasticine_anim.pdf you will find the guidance you need - the bit about saving and exporting files is at the end of the document from section 50.

3. Thank you!!! You are AMAZING!! [​IMG]

4. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

I've
    Singup, I've only used Movie Maker for animations, wondering what else you use it for.

5. I use it to create little videos. For example, our recent theme was Island Detectives so I create a series of lessons around Puzzle Island. I created some Movie Maker videos as starters to the activities to show the children. One started with a map of Puzzle Island then cut to a video of me in the dark explaining we were at secret cavern and explaining what we had to do to get through. It ended with some spooky music. Another began with the map and then showed an image of the Guardian of the Gate with effects and music under it and then the question she posed. Another showed an image of an underground tunnel with sound effects layed under, changing pictures and sounds to show a snoring, sleeping giant with a shape challenge.
    I find it better than powerpoint because you can insert images, videos etc and titles and then easily put the sound effects or music over it, dragging it to where you want to start and finish. It has a more interesting range of image transition effects too.

6. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

Thanks, fab ideas. I have used photo story 3 with children but it seems to just be photo, text and music don't think I can add videos. I'm going to have a play around with movie maker and see what I can use it for.

7. Okkkaaayy... We have tried to save the animations as the instructions say. They then come up as a windows media player file, but although it says the animation is playing, there is nothing on the screen... The only way I can play them is on the same PC or laptop they were made on. Any suggestions? Is it something to do with the set up of our system? At the moment I have 6 brilliant little animations that I can't transfer from the suite to a laptop... I will be using movie maker next year. If anyone can help with my current Digiblue problem I will be REALLY grateful!!