1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT Diploma L2 Unit 7 project ideas

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by robliverpool, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I took over the Diploma in September and we have just submitted units 2-6 to the exam board (fingers crossed).
    I am now able to have a look at unit 7, we already have a project in mind. But I would be interested in what other schools are doing to see if ours to too simple/complex.

Thanks,

Rob

2. Hi,
    I took over the Diploma in September and we have just submitted units 2-6 to the exam board (fingers crossed).
    I am now able to have a look at unit 7, we already have a project in mind. But I would be interested in what other schools are doing to see if ours to too simple/complex.

Thanks,

Rob

3. We have combined units 6 and 7 together.
    What exam board are you using? Edexcel have tutor support pack which outlines a project idea...

4. We did a childrens book but almost all the marks are for the project plan and the monitoring so the project topic doesn't really matter so long as the pupils enjoy the task and there is enough for them to do to give them plenty of things to write about in their project diaries

I would be interested in seeing some of your kids work - like you I'm unsure if I've got them to do enough work
    m.linfitt@allsaintslearning.co.uk

5. I have ran a website project for Unit 7 over the last 2 years due to there not being a unit requiring them to develop for the web. Unit 6 could of course be shaped to fit this but we focused that unit on animation.
    As stated the marks for unit 7 come from the tracking and managing of the project and in turn the review should focus on the project management side of things not the good and bad of what they produced.
    Unit 7 is on the whole the unit where you see the lowest quality work as a moderator and in general those centres that have combined Unit 6 & 7 have not scored highly for 7.
    This is mainly due to the students not understanding the difference in the two units and putting far more energy into designing / making and pretty much ignoring the management of the project.