1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT DEPT SELF-EVALUATION FORM

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by TIFFANYGIRL, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Hi-
    Does anyone have a good example or can direct me to where I can find ICT department self evaluation forms..... Our school format has changed this year and I would like to see what other ICT departments have put in theirs.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Hi-
    Does anyone have a good example or can direct me to where I can find ICT department self evaluation forms..... Our school format has changed this year and I would like to see what other ICT departments have put in theirs.
    Thanks in advance.

3. gavcradd

gavcradd New commenter

I've just done my SEF, if you send me an email I'll pass it over to you to copy off, err I mean look at :)
    gavincraddock at painsley dot staffs dot sch dot uk

4. Thanks.
    Wow you are doing well.
    My department is at the other end of the scale so have to make dramatic improvements!!!

5. gavcradd

gavcradd New commenter

Just a quick footnote on this.
    Following the above post, I must have sent my SEF out to over 20 different people, all requesting help with their SEF. I happily sent it out, but in return I asked for two things :
    1) Any feedback on my SEF once they'd read it so I could improve mine
    2) A copy of their SEF once it was complete.
    I'm disappointed to say that I've not had either of the above two things from any of the people that asked for my SEF. They literally took my SEF, probably plagiarised it to high heaven and then ignored my request for help in return.
    Next time anyone wants any help, you can go and whistle.

6. BECTA self review framework - get it here. Not just the department but an in depth review of ICT throughout the school.

7. Just thought I'd post this if it helps anyone. The ICT Mark is also built in which, although to be made redundant, is still a useful framework for ICT departments.

http://www.bluewaveswift.co.uk/Home/News#201102211500

Apparently you can build your own SEF with whatever focus you want. Can have any group of staff contribute also.

Good luck.

8. juliewrig ought to have declared a commercial interest perhaps! The ICT Mark is alive and well and still available to any school that wants accreditation. It and the associated ICT self review framework were kept by DfE and remain the de facto standards for ICT. There are plenty of independent advisers out there who can help you evaluate your department if your friendly LA person has been deleted.

9. hoof_hearted

hoof_hearted New commenter

I don't blame you at all, I've sent lots of stuff to people here, and not even had an email acknowledging it. I wasn't expecting chocolates and flowers, but a word of gratitude doesn't kill.

10. When I was a PGCE student a wise lecturer warned me about those pesky teachers

We are not all like that