1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT coordinators

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mprimaryz, Sep 12, 2011.

1. mprimaryz

mprimaryz New commenter

Hi folks, just gained ICT responsibility in school and have lots of ideas of things I'd like to bring in.

I would like some advice as to how people assess their ICT work. Currently we have an E-portfolio which we put screen shots of the childrens work in (top, middle and bottom kids) with a little summation of what the children have done but I would like to update it.

If you wouldn't mind sharing how you assess ICT it would really help as I am unsure how to take this one further.

Cheers

2. It's probaby not the 'right' answer but I cant help but wonder how much time it must take to do the above.
    I have just distributed levelled statements to teachers, and they use these to decide which level a child is working at when assessing at the end of the year.

3. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

We fill in whether a child has achieved, exceeded the expectation or needed support (just a letter for each) for each unit for each child. So by the end of the year you have six letters for each child giving a snapshot of their ICT year. Very simple to do.