1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT/ Computing courses running in a PRU???

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by chris1980, Jan 6, 2016.

1. chris1980

chris1980 New commenter

I am trying to find out what ICT/ Computing courses are being delivered in order PRU's. Im currently delivering BTEC Information & Creative Technology level 1/ 2, but also doing functional skills ICT at level 1.

Because of the transient state and short stay of students doing a full year qualification is very challenging.

Any comment welcome

2. clickschool

clickschool New commenter

I'm presently working with someone who used to work in a setting with similar difficulties - they managed to set up an intranet and deliver ECDL.

3. JohnAdamsonOCR

JohnAdamsonOCR New commenter

Hi Chris,

Have you tried looking at OCR's Level 1 ITQ or Entry Level Using ICT? The Entry Level Life and Living Skills suite may also have some Entry 3 units that are worth looking at.

If KS4 performance points are not of interest then you could perhaps look at our Digital Employability suite although this is aimed at students aged 16 and over usually.

I work very closely with a colleague who has done extensive work in curriculum design for PRUs and the secure estate. I'd be happy to put you in touch.

John