1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT co-ordinators - new initiatives?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ucan2, Apr 24, 2011.

1. What are the latest ICT initiatives, I'm worried that with so many changes recently I might have missed something? I've heard that we will need to report to parents using ict by 2012 - is this correct and if so where can I find more information? What do you use for assessment?

2. I've not heard about reporting to parents using ICT. If that is what's being proposed, I'd like to see how they are going to ensure that all parents have computers and the internet readily available (there are many here who cannot afford it.)
    As for assessment, I have something I can send you. If you want it, please leave your email in a private message and I'll send it to you.

3. That would be really helpful thanks - message sent.

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

the reporting to parents was to be online, via VLE, but everything is up in the air at the moment - BECTA was responsible for promoting this initiative and has of course been put to the sword: check out: http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/adminandfinance/procurement/ict/a0073825/becta

5. That makes sense thanks. Actually it was a recent update from the ICT team at county that mentioned it - obviously they don't know what's going on either!