1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT CO-ORDINATOR HELP!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by dom1983, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Just wanted some suggestions about software that people use in school. Completely open house this...need a few suggestions to research as our curriculum is gradually getting overhauled and some of the software we have is a little out dated. I want to try and replace and better everything, but obviously money is an issue.

Thanks.

Dom.

2. Just wanted some suggestions about software that people use in school. Completely open house this...need a few suggestions to research as our curriculum is gradually getting overhauled and some of the software we have is a little out dated. I want to try and replace and better everything, but obviously money is an issue.

Thanks.

Dom.

3. Word and Number Shark- great for basic skills practice.
    Too Simple- really good for basic ICT media skills in FS and Y1.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Try the 2Simple site

5. The 2simple stuff is great, and theres a massive massive selection of programmes you can have.
    2 create-a-story is good - they can draw pictures, add text, add sound effects and choose how to animate their picture, then it puts it all together like an animated story.

6. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I've got list if you want it...

7. 2Simple is great and easy to use. They have a great networkable database that my children love using.
    Comic life.
    Dazzle (art)
    Datasweet
    Handwriting for windows (that one's for the teachers to be able to make worksheets using the school's favoured handwriting style as you can customise the font).

8. The list would be great. If you could send it to bwfcdom@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

9. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

mail bounced right back at me dom - might be an issue with the attachment size, do you have an alternative address.
    beckton.boy@hotmail.co.uk