1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT club ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by xhelen1989x, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Next term I will be starting a new ICT club with Year 2. It is the first time I have done an ICT club (or any club!). Does anyone have any fun ideas to do for an ICT club?

I have thought about the children making their own set of stickers, creating animations using 2Animate and making a T Shirt transfer. I'm not sure what else! What do you all think?
    Thank you!

2. Hi,
    Next term I will be starting a new ICT club with Year 2. It is the first time I have done an ICT club (or any club!). Does anyone have any fun ideas to do for an ICT club?

I have thought about the children making their own set of stickers, creating animations using 2Animate and making a T Shirt transfer. I'm not sure what else! What do you all think?
    Thank you!

3. I run our ICT club for year 3/4 and 5/6. Some great things out there:

www.aviary.com - Lot's of free cloud based software.

www.marvel.com - Make yourself a super hero.

Scratch is a great programming software - some of my brighter 1's and 2's have used it in class.

Beebots - We have used them to make trains, wagons etc. Great for teaching control.

We do a lot of online safety stuff too, making posters in Publisher, Word etc.

We have set up our own business in the past with the older children, using spreadsheets to make the money, publisher to advertise products, word to write letters to shops and things.

We also enter a lot of online competitions, a quick google usually turns up lots to do.

My main advice would be run with the children's interests, it's a club and meant to be fun for them and you. I will be putting your t - shirt idea to them in the new term :D