1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT assessment

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Miss Piggywig, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Miss Piggywig

Miss Piggywig New commenter

We have been asked to assess our ICT on AAP Grids by the ICT co-ordinator. I have explained that we do not work at this level and it doesn't fit our curriculum or assessment. I have talked to staff and I think she is concerned about not knowing where the reception children are when ofsted call. Can any one suggest another way of us giving her some assessment that is more in line with EYFS.

2. susbo

susbo New commenter

Hi Miss Piggywig
    This is a tricky one. When I do a group activity for example programming the beebots it is easy to see who has understood the instructions when it is their turn to program them. I then carry out the activity several times (as you do) over the week/term and am able to access from that. However for the child initiated assessments I tend to use the observation sheet from:
    Early ICT www.kented.org.uk/ngfl/earlyict
    This helps me with having the opportunities available and to note who goes to them. This week we have had the microscope out linked to the workstation. I have been able to note the children who have found all sorts of objects and put underneath it during the day. You might find this sheet useful too, it isn't the be all and end all though but its a start. If it's not available any longer post again.
    SB