1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT AQA GCSE - Feedback, sucesses, pitfalls? help ... suggestions

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Slighty, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Hey all
    Gotta play the political game and race up(?)them league tables by dropping the (suitable for our learners) vocational based Nationals//Cambridge nationals into the GCSE space...
    As i mentioned previous posts many of my learers have SEN with poor retention /literacy skills - thus the pre release controlled assessment makes me want to brick myself already...i did similar at AS/A2 at a grammar with sucess... but these learners were a different audience.
    My HoD wants to go AQA (OCR/Edexcel seem much the muchness) and our new Head is VERY results driven ....yikess ha ha
    So we going from the dry (but results friendly) nationals to the challenging / stretching and some would argue inappropriate GCSE course ...
    Any advice, feedback, resource sharing, pitfalls sucesses etc are well recieved
    Thank you in advance

2. Hey all
    Gotta play the political game and race up(?)them league tables by dropping the (suitable for our learners) vocational based Nationals//Cambridge nationals into the GCSE space...
    As i mentioned previous posts many of my learers have SEN with poor retention /literacy skills - thus the pre release controlled assessment makes me want to brick myself already...i did similar at AS/A2 at a grammar with sucess... but these learners were a different audience.
    My HoD wants to go AQA (OCR/Edexcel seem much the muchness) and our new Head is VERY results driven ....yikess ha ha
    So we going from the dry (but results friendly) nationals to the challenging / stretching and some would argue inappropriate GCSE course ...
    Any advice, feedback, resource sharing, pitfalls sucesses etc are well recieved
    Thank you in advance

3. https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/580886.aspx