1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ict and PE ppa cover for years R-6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by blueprintteacher, May 26, 2011.

1. blueprintteacher

blueprintteacher New commenter

Hello,
    previously year 3 teacher but from september covering ict and pe for whole school ppa. They are my worst and most neglected subjects.
    Can you give me any pointers for websites or scholastic type resource books??
    Many thanks ntombe

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. blueprintteacher

Thank you -yes the Kent site is good.
    Anyone know of any shcolastic type books that might help- e.g.
    at a glance type things.
    Have plenty of warm up-cool down ideas etc.
    thanks

4. marlin

5. marlin

Snap!

6. For ICT I would find out what the topics are that each class is working on, and just link ICT into this. You can word process pieces of work, create relevant artwork, research the topic, create short animations and presentations...the options are infinite. The problem with being asked to do this as PPA is that I really dont think (or believe its right) that ICT should be standalone. You need to be showing the children that ICT can be a useful tool, and use it to support their other work. You need to be working pretty closely with the teacher in order to deliver effective and RELEVANT ICT lessons. A scholastic book or similar would be pretty pointless IMO.
    For PE, I have used this website quite a bit:
    http://www.ppds.ie/pcsparchive/pe/pssi/clickme.html

7. blueprintteacher

thanks for the passionate responses-had not checked to see if I had any tc x

8. blueprintteacher

Hello, ping - many thanks