1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Icons

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by zoomzoomzoom, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Hi

Bit general I know but does anyone use Icons as a KS3 scheme of work? I have always taught the WTL. I have been looking but can't even find a text book for it could someone give me an overview. Also if you do teach it do you like it? What are its good and bad points?

2. Hi

Bit general I know but does anyone use Icons as a KS3 scheme of work? I have always taught the WTL. I have been looking but can't even find a text book for it could someone give me an overview. Also if you do teach it do you like it? What are its good and bad points?

3. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Never done anything directly on icons but I do sometimes show some along with other images for reflection exercises or to explore what is regarded as of value or worth, when looking at worship. It would be an interesting topic to explore.

In my classroom I have had icons among images in the Christianity Section of the wall. They work well alongside the Sikh section with the Gurus, the Buddhist with the Buddha and the Hindu one with saints and deities. Judaism and Islam tend to have non-pictorial displays but some have photos of people practising their religion.

4. Durga, they mean the Catholic SOW I am pretty sure.