1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ice-creams for role play

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by elb3, Jun 10, 2008.

1. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon (or should I say ice cream van!) but please may I have a copy of your knitting pattern too, unless you've put it on the resource bank in which case I'll get it from there.
    thanks in advance.
    Caribbeankaty@hotmail.com

2. We enjoyed half banana or apple stuck on lolly stick with squirt cream and choice sprinkles-children had to give correct amount of money to buy it(differentiated). Stall was set up outside. Healthy/fun snack.

3. We made ice-cream cones by putting paper-mache over the top of the small sports cones. Worked really well. Children painted and covered with pva. Very messy but great fun, and great resource- lasted a whole half term in role play corner!

4. They sell ice-creams for roleplay at Early Excellence, thy are lovely but expensive , as you also have to pay VAT. The Tesco bubbbles ones are good too.

5. INSTANT MASH!
    Just add food colouring... Works really well with a squeezy icecream scoop! It won't last forever but cheap enough to keep making over the weeks.
    [​IMG]