1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICE BREAKER/INTRO FOR INTERVIEW LESSON

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by chicahan5, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Does anyone have a good ice breaker/introduction for an observed interview lesson I have ? Group is 4th year, Spanish (all girls). I usually just go for the brief introduction of me in the TL but it seems a bit bland really. I would like to say something they can then respond to, to encourage them to speak from the outset ! Gracias, colegas.

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Wear a name badge and introduce yourself in Spanish.
    Have a set of name cards made up with Spanish first names on laid out on a table Have some that might be unfamiliar to them like José Maria and Purificación, and others that they may know from textbook work or from footballers etc.
    Give then a minute or two to select a badge and return to their seat. They then introduce themselves with their new name and you perfect any mispronunciation for them to emulate.
    Then get on with the required interview task but allow a few minutes at the end to go around the class and point out where a girl has chosen a boy's name or vice versa or to tell them the English equivalent of the name.