1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ibsens A Dolls House - new to AQA A Level

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Brechfa, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Hi
    I'm starting to teach AQA Drama and Theatre Studies A'level for the first time in September. We have chosen to study Ibsens A Dolls House (which is new to me as well). Is there anyone out there who has any resourses on A Dolls House or could advise me on the termly planning of studying the text. I'm starting my research on it now but feel very overwhelmed so any advice and help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    Brechfa

2. Try www.ehdltd.co.uk under AQA AS section.
    or
    www.dramaworks.co.uk under 'Plays Through Practice' section.

I haven't used either of these but have heard good things about the sites.
    Maybe others who have could tell you if there worth it!
    It's a starting point anyway if nothing else.
    Best of luck!

3. I have not got a scheme of Learning, but would look at some key areas:
    1) The role of woman historically of the time - can you adapt the performance to fit into a modern context?
    2) Focus upon Nora's journey of understanding the world - How does she escape her cage?
    3) What is the miracle she is waiting for?
    The main focus is obviously to link the play to the use of Stanislavski excercises and ensure students understand the context of the text. Perhaps link to Ibsen's other play "An Enemy of the People".

4. Thanks for the advice

5. Hi ya,
    I taught this last year for the first time and found the lesson resource pack from www. ehdltd.co.uk really useful. They sell both a teaching pack and a revision pack for students. The pack gives great ideas on pre-reading and further research.

You can get the DVD, book and york notes from amazon too.
    Hope that helps, [​IMG]