1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IB Whistleblowing

Discussion in 'International Baccalaureate' started by texel, Jan 4, 2020.

1. I will make this very brief.

I feel obliged to file a complaint about the practices or the lack thereof. I have found nothing on the internet other than the IBO itself. Am I the first to complain?
    (I pick my battles but on moral grounds, I do want to report a school. I deeply passionate about the IB philosophy)

2. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

while your post is extremely confusing, let me see if I have this right... You want to make a complaint about an IB school, but you don't want to complain to the IB?.... who else do you want to complain to?

3. colacao17

colacao17 Occasional commenter

While you could, in theory, raise your concerns with any of the organisations the school is a member of, I don't think there'd be any significant outcome and it's probably not worth either the energy or the risk.

If you have serious concerns about the integrity of the way the IB is run in the school, I think the IBO is the only place worth talking to.

How about raising it with them as a query, anonymously, and see what they advise?

4. englishdragon

englishdragon Occasional commenter

The IB team was very responsive to a letter written to their general email address last year.

This letter reported specific instances of a Chinese bilingual school - the backwards ABIB in Guiyang - using the IB learners profile in physical branding all over the school, and digital images in WeChat PR. While duplicitously hiring expat teachers (via SEARCH ASSOC) with the claim the school was in process to get PYP and MYP registration, and the school would support teacher certification, the owner of the school announced after four months that the school had no intention of doing IB. Parents were also conned by the same promises.

<Copyright@ibo.org>

Wed, 19 Jun 2019, 17:47
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you very much XXXX for reporting this IP abuse.

You can be reassured that your name will not be disclosed in any future communication with this school.

Would you please kindly sharing with us the full name and address (physical and email if you have) of this school so that we can draft and send out a cease and desist letter asap ?

Many thanks again.

Best regards,

The IB copyright team