1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IB Visual arts

Discussion in 'International Baccalaureate' started by sharon52, May 31, 2019.

1. sharon52

sharon52 New commenter

Hi I have been teaching IB Visual arts for nine years ...... its a great program ... its all about being creative

2. fizzystan

fizzystan New commenter

Hi Sharon,
    I have taken a role in an independent school starting in September where I will be teaching IB Visual Arts. I am looking forward to the challenge however I am a little anxious as I am the only one in the department. I have been reading up but obviously am so conscious that I deliver a successful programme.

I would be so grateful for any advice you can impart or any particular resources you can point me in the direction of in order to help me successfully structure the IB course for the students as my experience has been in teaching A Level Fine Art for the last 12 years.

I would be so appreciative to hear from you,-
    vickichaffe84@gmail.com

Many thanks.

3. zoegeldard

zoegeldard New commenter

Hi Vicki
    I'm in exactly the same position, having taught A level in state schools UK for 11 years, I'm now in an international school here in Munich. I taught my first lesson yesterday and went on the IB Inthinking training in Barcelona with Heather Reynolds, which was fantastic. My email is z.geldard@stgeorgesschool.com maybe we could connect and support one another? Thanks, Zoe