1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IB Spanish books & resorces...any recommendation?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Once upon a time, Jan 18, 2008.

1. I have started teaching IB ab initio Year 1 and Year 2 Spanish at college. Does anyone have recommendation for any books and materials?
    Thanks

2. I have started teaching IB ab initio Year 1 and Year 2 Spanish at college. Does anyone have recommendation for any books and materials?
    Thanks

3. This is aimed at GCSE and A level but would be useful with IB too, me thinks

www.asisehace.net

4. mpc

mpc

Maybe you need to look at some GCSE resources? Listos isn't a bad series of books (not as in depth as I'd like for GCSE) to dip in and out of.

5. Hi there,
    Thank you to the people that answered to my query...although not so please that some people try to pushed me into something commercial.

I was looking for IB specific material.

I have come across with the following tittle but it seems you need to order from the States.

Has anyone used it?

It is called: IB Spanish Ab Initio
    by Gaby Geneser

Thanks

6. jolet

jolet New commenter

A bit late but here is my answer. I am using it at the moment but I am not 100% happy with it. I have come accross some mistakes and its format is rather boring. We have had problems with the CD and we still do not know if it contains listening files. Very disappointed with it, very expensive and aimed more for the American market than the European. There are good publishers in Europe and in Spain, Difusión has excellent materials for Spanish created by Spanish and less expensive.
    I never chose the book and it would have never been my choice. I have had to adapt it for the less able Ab Initio students