1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IB Schools

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by R0bb074, Jul 21, 2019.

1. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

And it's a fair question and absolutely a reason why we struggle to get CS graduates in to teaching. Who's going to run the gauntlet of a UK state zoo before moving overseas when they could join a software company and double their salary? I have known a few people disenfranchised with the IT industry to move on to teaching only to realise that their previous disenfranchisement was only the tip of the iceberg and move back.

2. R0bb074

R0bb074 New commenter

Thanks. I'm starting to apply now. I had a look at the AQA GCSE curriculum and it is very similar to what we teach. OK the age range is slightly out, but we all have to start somewhere - that's the challenge right? I'm currently looking at international schools.

3. R0bb074

R0bb074 New commenter

Hi, jpgreenwood, I've read the course specifications you gave me, many thanks indeed. Could you give me an example of what software product students must create as 'an original IT product' during their internal assessment? Ours is more hardware based, for example controlling a conveyor belt or detecting an intruder - something along those lines.

4. jpgreenwood

jpgreenwood Occasional commenter

Generally it's a digital media product - a video, website, DTP publication or relational database.

We've had some really great video products in particular.