1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IB Resources

Discussion in 'Geography' started by Basel, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Hello everyone, I hope all is well wherever you may be.

I have just been asked to order the books and resources for the IB Geography course that the school will begin next year. I have scoured the internet and have to say that it seems that like specific IB materials are a bit thin on the ground. DOes anyone have any suggestions, I am looking for any type of resources, books, CD roms, DVD's anything to build up a library as well as classroom materials. Any advice and ideas would be very grateful.
    Thanks for the help.

2. Hello everyone, I hope all is well wherever you may be.

I have just been asked to order the books and resources for the IB Geography course that the school will begin next year. I have scoured the internet and have to say that it seems that like specific IB materials are a bit thin on the ground. DOes anyone have any suggestions, I am looking for any type of resources, books, CD roms, DVD's anything to build up a library as well as classroom materials. Any advice and ideas would be very grateful.
    Thanks for the help.

3. If you are teaching at an IB school (which I assume you are) see your IB Cordinator for a password for the online curriculum centre on the IBO website [if you don't already have one]. There are lists of resources on the resource bank as well as on the IB discussion board.

4. Planet Geography by Stephen Codrington is written sepcifically for IB - its okay, especially for human topics, but is a bit of a holiday photo album in terms of case studies. Though excellent case study of Dani tribe for globalisation unit.

J

5. The Royal Geographical's website, Geography in the News, has over 125 topical case studies with curriclum relevance notes. Many of the most recent articles are also suitable for IB and state where they tie in.The site is fully accessible to our School Members, but there are many resources that are free to view for all.
    The website can be visited at: http://www.geographyinthenews.rgs.org