1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IB Questionbanks

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Karvol, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

The new maths ones go up to 2008 so I would presume that the chemistry one goes up to a similar year.
    I am rather surprised that your school will not part with such a small amount of money for the resource.

2. Thanks for replying, Karvol.
    It's a government-funded school with money problems also suffering from budget cuts. There is basically no spare money for stuff like that.
    I found out that the chemistry one goes up to 2007, which is disappointing. We do have lots of past papers, so I suppose I'll have to make do with making up my own tests and question sheets, but it's just so much more time-consuming.

3. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

You gotta wonder why a government school would bother doing the IB if it won't fund it. Sorry to hear you can't get up to date past papers. Hopefully someone can pm you with, er, details.

4. It's the school's decision - the school isn't going to get any more money just for doing the IB. We still manage to send students to good universities in the UK, so I don't think they should ditch it.
    I'd certainly be grateful for further details.