1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IB Languages B mark conversions?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by zrcadlo, Feb 7, 2012.

1. zrcadlo

zrcadlo New commenter

Hello all
    I am looking for info about working out IB German B marks. I wonder if anyone could help? What I want to know is if, say, a student scores 15/25 (or whatever) on a Paper 2 and something else on a Paper 1, to roughly what grade (1-7) would this be equivalent?
    I have searched and can't find anything, nobody else in my department seems to know (we have one dubious old piece of paper that states you need 93% for a 7!) and I even asked when I went on an IBO course last summer and the convenor didn't know either!
    Any help, or rough approximations, gratefully received!
    Thank you

2. Hi

You need to go on the IB website and then the online curriculum centre. Find your subject page and then look for subject reports. These give the breakdowns/boundaries for each paper and an overall boundary as well. If you haven't got a login for the OCC, you need to speak to your school's IB coordinator and they should be able to organise one for you. I wouldn't know about grade boundaries for the new syllabus though, as there haven't been any exams yet. The subject reports are all there for past papers from about 2004 I think.

Hope that helps!

3. zrcadlo

zrcadlo New commenter

Thank you very much for your advice, I have now had a good look on occ and found what I needed to find. I was under the impression there was next to no info in 'other languages B' but that's because I hadn't scrolled down! What a dolt.
    Thanks again for your time, it's great to get such speedy and helpful advice.