1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IB Extended Essay

Discussion in 'International Baccalaureate' started by Beagles111, Oct 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Beagles111

Beagles111 New commenter

We have just begun our Y12 EE cycle and some of the teachers are coming to me with concerns about letting kids know what their predicted grades might be further down the line. This is because of the total lack of clarity and transparency shown previously to our marking of EE's. We have been left baffled by the marks given and the lack of any written remarks left on the essays when we ask for them back.

Has anyone else had this experience or is it just us?

2. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

im no expert here, but im pretty sure the guide is quite explicit on this, and when and where students even get feedback on their draft.

we dont tell them their predicted grades, they just work off the feedback they get from their draft. its up to them if they follow it or not.

3. Beagles111

Beagles111 New commenter

Thanks @dumbbells66 what happens regarding UCAS applications then? Do you just leave the EE predicted grade empty? However, after a re read I think that you may have gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick....I am talking about the feedback from the actual examiners at the IB who send back Extended Essays with a fully functional grade that is their final EE grade and counts towards their Diploma.

4. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

ahh ok, yeh i got the wrong end of that