1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IB Exams Maths TZ2

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Karvol, May 6, 2011.

1. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Who else thinks the exams were far too easy?
    I am a bit worried because some of my best students finished the SL exam with 30 mins to spare. It will mean that the grade boundaries will get pushed up and 7s will be quite difficult to obtain.

2. Hi Karvol,
    Thank you for replying. How was the notification of the boxes and scanning done please?
    Pix

3. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Hi Pixel,
    The HL scanning was an erroneous assumption on my part after talking with someone who is involved in it. I think I mixed up timelines. It will happen in the future.
    The SL scanning was notified via an email from my IB Coordinator, who sent us modified examples of past papers to show us what the new format would be like along with the wording on the front cover sheets. I presume the modified versions came from the IB themselves.
    If you were not aware of it ( a bit worrying for your students ) then you need to have a chat with your HoD, who needs to have a chat with the IB Coordinator, and get him to inform the IB asap. As this is the first year of it being done, they may be expecting some schools forgetting.
    K.

4. Thank you x

5. BK

BK

TZ1 is America. Europe and Asia are TZ2.

Just to confirm - Studies and SL are being emarked this session and HL is due to begin emarking for the May 2012 session.

6. I spoke to a colleague who is marking the Chemistry papers which are being scanned this year. Whilst the answers should be in the boxes he says he can see the whole page when marking...