1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IB CAS Coordinator Salary

Discussion in 'International Baccalaureate' started by LAB369, Jun 4, 2019.

1. LAB369

LAB369 New commenter

Hello,
    I have been offered a full time contract as an IB CAS Coordinator in an International school in a European Capital city. I wanted to know what the expected salary of an IB CAS Coordinator in an International private school would be? If you are an IB CAS Coordinator or know of the position I would love to know what your yearly salary package was? It would really help to know where I stand and what I should negotiate for? Thanks in advance

2. yasf

yasf Established commenter

With no classes? If so, that's unusual. CAS coordinator is usually a position that attracts a small stipend, and sometimes some extra non contact time. That's it.

3. lokateach

lokateach New commenter

I am a CAS coordinator (a cohort of 124 students) in Spain and I get 20% time release and a stipend of 1000€. I have never heard of a full time CAS coordinator. Maybe you meant an IB and CAS coordinator, no?

4. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

Work on 3 continents and never seen or heard of it being its own role, not even in the largest schools 2500+ students. Generally its a stipend role with some release time. At my school ours gets $4000 plus one lesson a day off timetable (out of a possible 3)

5. yasf

How long are your lessons ?

6. dumbbells66

1 hour 30 to 1h 45

7. yasf

So you would see each class maybe x 2 per week? (assuming you still teach subjects?)

8. dumbbells66

We have an 8 day cycle, so either twice or 3 times a week depending on which week it was.

9. nemo.

nemo. Occasional commenter

An IB Coordinator needs to be at least an Assistant Head, as the IBC has to have a pedagogical leading role. 50% or less timetable. Any school devaluing this - run away as not a real IB school!

Hence salary should be assistant head salary.

10. dumbbells66

But this thread is about a CAS coordinator, not DP coordinator....there is a massive difference @nemo.

11. yasf

Or once, assuming you see them three times over the cycle ? We also have an eight day cycle - I have to say I do prefer it to a standard week. No regular Friday afternoon class.
    Many British international schools don't follow this. Often the IB coordinator is little more than an exams officer.