1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IB Business and Management

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by richardwillis998, Aug 2, 2018.

1. richardwillis998

richardwillis998 New commenter

Anyone having done IB Business have any advice or resources that may be useful for a new starter in IB?

I've delivered iGCSE and BTEC L2 and L3 Business in the past but the IB is somewhat special.

Any advice would be useful.

2. cupofteaandscones

cupofteaandscones New commenter

IB Business has less depth than A-level Business. If you have resources for GCSE, I would use those plus supplement with harder calculation questions. The IB site has past papers, they are useful.

I'm new to Btec. Some colleague said it's hard work, do you have to liaise with work places etc? coursework element?

lissacoffey and richardwillis998 like this.
  3. richardwillis998

richardwillis998 New commenter

Yea. It needs you to be organised and structured. I really like it though as you can write assignments around past industrial experience.

If you need to chat about it, which would be easier, let me know and I'll Skype with you?

4. lissacoffey

lissacoffey New commenter

The business management course is designed to develop students' knowledge and understanding of business management theories, as well as their ability to apply a range of tools and techniques. ... The course encourages the appreciation of ethical concerns at both a local and global level.
    Thanks
    [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]