1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I would have quite liked a send off....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by NellyFUF, Nov 25, 2011.

1. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Well, there is an end to a quarter of a century of dedicated commitment to the Learning Difficulties community. Is that how you spell commitment? Or does it have two ts?
    I just snook off.
    I have been trying to leave for a year but could not find the door. Much too tired to be good at it as well as full time teaching.
    My mind was made up by an awful evening of sniping from the Treasurer From Hell who is furious that I sorted out the accounting .....
    My final memories/picture is of said person ranting as they left the building about taking the petty cash etc under duress because people might think they might steal the monies...
    ... tying a knot in the bag and vowing not to open it ever.
    Great Treasurer eh?
    Well never mind. Time for a new era and it is not for me to worry about what happens next.
    Thank heavens.

2. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

No seriously folks
    When I asked for help with all madness inc. I was told that the organisation was all for "valueing staff".
    But not me apparently.
    25 plus years of bodily fluids, the odd violent attack and so on....
    .. and no medal?
    A medal, that is what I want.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

There is a real gold medal inside this box especially for you Nelly.[​IMG]

4. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

best I can offer you is a cake

[​IMG]

5. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Thanks
    I am going to make myself a medal from salt dough. Then paint it with gold paint. It's so very what I deserve.
    Seriously, the best bit about such work was working with people who judged you on you. Not on what you had, earned, looked like, etc etc
    just on you.
    And that was enough for me really. Good real friends they were.

6. Marshall

Marshall Occasional commenter

If Nutella and Grandelf are posting - that's a big thanks!

7. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

I know.
    I've made myself cry now.

8. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

I know Im not the best cake maker but it wasnt that bad!

9. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

*Gives Nelly a standing ovation.

10. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

I wasn't expecting a cake!
    And I wasn't expecting this emotional situation either.
    I have been caretaking Leadership in the absence of a very charismatic leader who got very ill in post and had to leave...
    ... I did my best to do transition in this time.
    But I will miss them all soooo much.

11. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

So thanks
    A good cry is what I need.

12. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Here's some tissues for you to wipe your tears:
    [​IMG]
    And some flowers too in appreciation of your hard work:
    [​IMG]

13. I know how you feel. A few other teachers and me were made redundant at Easter. At the end of term 'do' in the staff room the two staff members who were leaving or retiring had a presentation, speechs and a good send off. Those us leaving due to redundancy were not even mentioned; we had been asked by the SMT not to come to the 'do' and to just go home at the end off the day, but three of us toughed it out. On the quiet, our colleagues were sad for the way we had been treated; however, do the climate of fear in the school, nobody said anything publically. That is what a new Head can do to a school.

14. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

What about one like thisNellyFUF?
    [​IMG]
    for 'standing in' and doing a really good job.

15. And now Nelly - grow a spine!
    You've had a snivel, now man up!! Come on...... hop too!

((NellyFUF)) Relaxation, telly, holidays.... other stuff...
    [​IMG]

16. That's appalling. I'm sorry about that, Jenny.

17. Jenny - that's horrid... this might have been useful at the time
    [​IMG]

18. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

I am much harder tonight.
    Poor Jenny you make my grudge seem trivial.
    But after 27 years of service I am very glad of the flowers and tributes here presented. And tissues.
    I think in my mind I was hoping that leaving teaching would be buffered by being still part of Gateway. Not the other way round.
    Ah well ah me. Thanks for the tributes.
    (When I left my last teaching post I got a lovely Fairtrade necklace - costing less than the cost of the snacks for a month - but then a lot of other people were leaving too......)

19. inky

inky Lead commenter

Darling Nelly, you've been such a friend on here, and not just to me. Your intelligence, humour and common sense have cut through all the **** more often than I can mention.
    xxxxxxxxxxx

20. inky

inky Lead commenter

As for the slimeball pipsqueak fnckface of a treasurer, at least you never have to see him again, which is more than he can say for himself every time he cuts himself shaving.

Which I hope happens on a <strike>daily</strike> weekly basis when he brillos the bumfluff from what passes for his chin.

Not that I'm at all prejudiced against him, of course.