1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I would be interested to hear....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Sid_Pubes, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Sid_Pubes

Sid_Pubes Senior commenter

......from the likes of Cantandmorecant, Grabthar, the Duke of Dork and their unlovely allotropes just what it is they are hoping to achieve by flooding this forum with their deceitful nonsense.

A reasonable proportion of the members of the forum has an IQ in three figures, and this cohort is unlikely to be convinced by ludicrous un-evidenced assertions about Islam, migrants, asylum seekers, immigration, the EU and benefit fraud. This is particularly the case when they are unable to adduce a single supporting fact to buttress their nonsense except by linking it with stories from the most dishonest newspaper in Britain, the Daily Mail.

One of the decisive factors in gathering support for a cause is admiration and respect for those who already support it. What Cantandmorecant, Grabthar and the Duke of Dork need to realise is that they recruit opposition to their views every time they open their mouths, Who would want to admit to marching in step with people like them?

At the same time I hope that they will be allowed to continue posting their repellent piffle on here. In the first place, even those who have nothing to say are entitled to freedom of speech: and in the second, only when fully exposed can their views be fully understood, and judged for the garbage they are.

InkyP, Burndenpark and sabrinakat like this.
  2. ninenotes

ninenotes Senior commenter

Ignore it and it will go away.

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  3. Sid_Pubes

Sid_Pubes Senior commenter

No it won't.

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

yes it will

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  5. ninenotes

No it won't.

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Yes it will.

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  7. ninenotes

8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Ha!! Think you can outwit me with your cleverly, twisted and laborious, pseudo-intellectual posturing pointless arguments?

Yes.

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  9. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Use your ignore button and block them out. If no-one reponds, they'll get fed up and slink away. We all know this.
    Or fluffbomb them! Fill the threads with kittens, shoes, makeup, marshmallows. It's easy to derail them. Personal is Personal. They're trying to stage a coup.
    Of course, the easiest thing is just to report them, starting with the Duke of Dork who is blatantly impersonating a respected poster.

cissy3, InkyP and sabrinakat like this.
  10. ninenotes

11. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

It just annoys me and I feel compelled to ask for sources, information, etc. As posted on another thread, one of the above challenged me that there were at least 9 sources, but apparently, showing the same biased video four times is considered a 'source'. I know I shouldn't mind, but it angers me that they are spewing this on an educational site.

They are like frat boys having a belching contest and between the three-four of them keep 'liking' each other, which means that they become 'respected' in terms of likes and some innocent person looking at the thread or this site might think that we are such a forum. WE ARE NOT.

and I have been putting fluffy kittens on the threads - my own cat, Daphne, above requires daily cuddles - I must share the joy. Sadly, however, Daphne was born and raised in Ireland and is therefore, a migrant to these fair shores....

and I note that most of them are very, very, very new (e.g. yesterday, last week and in November)...

one more time: cat and biscuits!

a1.jpeg

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

13. Dunteachin

Ignore and report, folks. That's what the mods advise.

14. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Is that 34?

15. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Oh dear.

16. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

And what do you think happens when you do, DT?

kibosh likes this.
  17. ninenotes

[​IMG]

kibosh likes this.
  18. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

:( (thankfully, no - 3 to 4....!)

19. Dunteachin

Nothing, Lascarina?

They'll get fed up. They don't bother me because I don't read any of their rantings. If they're out to spoil Personal, we won't let them.
    There's more of us so ner-ner-ner-ner -ner to them!

20. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Oh blimey, ninenotes, when will you EVER learn . . the only logical conclusion is

No