1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I went to the boot sale and I bought.....

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by The Pobble, Aug 29, 2011.

1. I love this place [​IMG]
    In RL I don't find anywhere near as many people who are even remotely interested in growing, gathering and buying real food!
    That we can be even a little bit competitive about it with a grin just makes it even better.

I expect to hear about weird ice cream flavours from cosmos now [​IMG]

2. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

[​IMG] I wish I didn't live in the middle of a crappy town like this where no one cares about such things and so nothing grows... I can't wait to move and get a garden/allotment - sooo jealous of you all!!
    Ice-cream maker a bargain though!

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

People look at me with horror when I tell them I grow my own food. And you should see the looks I get when I tell them that I buy food from ethnic shops in bigger quantities out of choice - the horror!

4. Ah! I get 50p pieces offered up!
    I tend to do that about this time of year.... somehow they never think of doing it for themselves. So I sell off about half of what I buy! Bagging up cumin can be a real pain!

5. I went to a boot sale yesterday and bought The Bucket List for a pound. What a bargain!

6. Don't know about weird flavours pobble, but I made blackberry ice cream on Sunday and it was delicious - really good texture too. That might have been due to the slug of blackberry gin I put in though.
    Coffee ice cream next......my all-time favourite
    What is the bucket list?

7. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Some bargains there - went to our local tat sale on Sunday - nothing at all of interest unless i wanted to pay 50p each for courgettes! Was hoping to get some tools to replace my stolen allotment stuff.