1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I want to...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by unhappylil, Feb 19, 2011.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

More likely to be taken by a 'new' guy keen to impress than a long term boyfriend [​IMG] x

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I think for that price id ask him to chose a night in a castle or maybe a converted light house!
    If i was single id ask lots of women to go away lol...with me that is....but alas......[​IMG]
    singlr does hae to suck......just go and do it yourself!

3. oldsomeman

single doesnt have to suck....its that time of night!

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Sounds like this is the guy for you:
    [​IMG]
    Couldn't you knock something up out of bedsheets and bamboo sticks in your back garden and save the 97 quid?

5. £100 a night to stop in a tent???
    As they say , "there's one born every minute."

6. I am used to it as I pay £200 plus every time I go to a festival to effectively stay in a tent. I am going to change my username to hopeless romantic I think [​IMG]

7. magic surf bus

Sitting Bull was clearly in the wrong line of business. All that time wasted chasing buffalo when he could have been charging £97 a night for East Coast tourists to sleep in his stinky old wigwam.

8. I think I may pay £100 a night for a breathtaking view of the Black hills of Dakota but not for a glimpse of the 14th hole of Monmouth Municipal Golf Club. :¬))

9. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I'm another 'single' who doesn;t want to stay this way!

But £100 for a night in a tent?...and that doesn't include food?...does it include proper 'ablutions'? ....and with the threat of snow coming, I don't want to sleep outside...

Could we not snuggle together on my sofa (or better yet, get really cosy and share my rocking chair!) and watch one of my DVDs. Maybe enjoy a take-away and a beer. ....maybe we could listen to a CD or read some poetry if we want to get mushy...and if we both feel we want the evening to end that way, my bed has a warm snuggly duvet...
    Am I setting my sights too low?...or am I just a very cheap date?....and in either case - why am I still alone?!

10. I don't know where people meet others. If I wasn't married I'd struggle! [​IMG] Internet dating, I guess?

11. oldsomeman

you can snuggle down with you Bethannie...ill happily set my sights lower.............as long as you have the basque ready![​IMG]
    Who need tents when we have your warm bed...mmmmmmm...you definity would end up hot! lol

12. oldsomeman

dam should have said me lol

13. There are so many forums on here, I want them to introduce 'get a room' forum!

14. magic surf bus

I think unhappylil was thinking more in terms of this.. ;-)

15. Lol.

I have tried / am still trying internet dating, the last guy I went on a date with was as dull as dish water. Unfortunately I will never get those 2 hours of my life back :(

16. At least it's only 2 hours. I weep for the 14 years I will never get back!

17. Heck, my idea of a romantic date is not sleeping in a tent!

18. oldsomeman

oh do tell celtic...we are waiting eagerly[​IMG]

19. magic surf bus

Mrs MSB and I honeymooned in vary small tent. We've got no complaints ;-)