1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I want to teach in Australia. Help.

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by tas_sasso, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Hi people,
    I've been teaching at a Primary School in Southampton for 2 years now and I love my job. Luckily have been given a sabbatical and am currently globe trotting. I've fallen in love with Sydney and want to know how I can go about working out in Sydney. Either as an exchange or as a new life. I've tried looking online but am a little lost.

Help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tariq.

2. Dear Tariq,

Welcome to Australia!

For Sydney, search under "New South Wales" - the name of the state it is in. I think a helpful website is https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/about-us/careers-centre/school-careers/jobfeed

I have lived and taught in three countries, including the UK and (currently) Australia and I can assure you that the decision you are making is very worthwhile.

Good luck, all the best and - we will throw another prawn on the barbie!

Paul

3. If you do a search Tariq, there are quite a few recent threads about visas, jobs and so on and so forth that can help :)