1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I want to come home

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by enweto, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Having spent the past too many years teaching in england I want to come home.

GTC has been abolished, WGTC still continues I understand.

I need to get up to speed on current Welsh education issues in Primary.

Any links/advice would be appreciated.
    Enw

2. Hi I completed GTP in Wales last year. It is back on, but limited places(8 when I did it). Look on GTP website. I am currently working as a supply teacher, so have not started my NQT year. In Wales you have 5 years to complete.
    Goodluck

3. You will need to register with GTCW.
    Looking over the border, the differences seem to be ever increasing. I'm not primary, but there are some excellent links on the Welsh Assembly Government pages. Foundation Phase is what you'd need to clue upon. Seems levelling up to age 7 is more portfolio based, set on observed behaviours.

http://wales.gov.uk/topics/educationandskills/earlyyearshome/foundation_phase/?lang=en

There are also some new arrangements for transition KS2/KS3 with clusters moderatiating portfolios for submission to WAG.
    How's your incidental Welsh?