1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I want to change to Primary - please help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by BuryFCA1, Aug 12, 2011.

1. BuryFCA1

BuryFCA1 New commenter

Hi all, I am currently a teacher in an FE college but hate it and want to change and do Primary. I have a degree and my teaching qualificatication for FE. How can I change and how do I go about starting this change to do Primary school? All help/advice appreciated.

2. BuryFCA1

BuryFCA1 New commenter

Hi all, I am currently a teacher in an FE college but hate it and want to change and do Primary. I have a degree and my teaching qualificatication for FE. How can I change and how do I go about starting this change to do Primary school? All help/advice appreciated.

3. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Firstly make sure its for the right reasons - if its the politics/systems/management etc type of issues you dont like these are just as bad in any sector of education, if its just that you dont like big kids then go for it [​IMG]
    I'd have thought the simplest route would be a 1 year PGCE, but please be warned that once you qualify there is a LOT of competition for jobs at the moment, as many of these forums will attest to.
    You'd have some degree of an advantage by being newly qualified, but I dont think even theyre having it too easy right now, and I cant see it getting much easier over the next few years as the cuts carry on.
    Apparently you have a higher chance of getting a post if you can do a school-based training programme. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-14461935
    Good luck!

4. aw27

aw27 New commenter