1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I want a job at a specific international school!

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Karvol, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

You can allude to a school in a way that does not make it blindingly obvious.

2. rosieeo

rosieeo New commenter

Oh! OK, it's the clearly UK school in China's third city. Hope that isn't too clear ;) And I imagine jobs are like gold dust.

3. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

If it is the school opening in Aug 2011, they aren't holding the interviews for August 2011 until mid-Feb. I would email the head as an enquiry for next year, but maybe wait a little bit - I doubt that they will be planning to consider those yet. It depends how many students they get as to how many staff they need, and they won't really know that for sure until around this time next year. I hope this helps (and that I am thinking of the right school[​IMG]).

4. rosieeo

rosieeo New commenter

No it isn't, but that's very interesting, thank you! This school has been open since 2005 I believe.

5. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

Oh. Then I am lost as to the school...one with a branch in south London then? [​IMG]

6. rosieeo

rosieeo New commenter

This one is in Guangzhou not Tianjin. I'm blushing to think I've got the cities all mixed up!
    Will that get me deleted or is it a bit easier going on this forum nowadays?

7. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

I don't know the school then. It won't get you deleted. Most people are really helpful, I am a noivce at this and have been fine. The odd person seems to have a bee in their bonet, but they are few and far between. I'm hoping to get a job for this August, waiting to hear from one interview and I have another couple lined up and a few more applications in. I was amazed by the number of jobs going! I don't know about you, but I find the whole thing very addictive. I keep look at apartments in the palces I am applying for...I just want to have it all sorted now, know where I'm going and start packing. I may find patience one day, but I doubt it!

8. rosieeo

rosieeo New commenter

I agree completely about it being addictive! I find I'm constantly surfing, trying to glean bits and pieces of information. It's made a bit worse because we can't leave till next year!
    Good luck by the way, it all sounds very promising.

9. BONNET!!!!

[​IMG]

10. I know the school you are talking about. Interesting choice. The principal is a really nice guy. If I were you I would definitely send him a friendly email letting him know of your interest. Don't be surprised if you don't hear back for a while though, as it is obviously a very busy time for schools who are right in the middle of recruiting season for this year.

11. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

Sorry FP, just read through myself and found a few typos. [​IMG]

12. rosieeo

rosieeo New commenter

Thanks Higgi, what a fantastic post. I'll certainly be taking your advice regarding contacting the school and considering alternatives.

A job at the school in question has just been advertised and I really want to apply but am not sure we will be ready to go by August :( Of course that's making the rather large assumption that I would be offered the job!