1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I visited an academy yesterday...

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Oldfashioned, Oct 13, 2016.

1. esther30

esther30 New commenter

Yep, this atmosphere didn't sound too healthy...because of fear...SLT people can make mistakes and no more 'clever' than us, humble teachers...lol

agathamorse and slingshotsally like this.
  2. firstpoet

firstpoet New commenter

Remember the shock when the top English guy at OFSTED wrote the report slamming five part lessons and saying they rarely saw sustained reading or writing? Bit puzzling for many dim ex PE SLT types and their thicko INSET days on how to make every lesson frenetic. That’s right 25+ manic five part lessons and no one on INSET from a charlatan consultant apart from myself to say at the time that any adult would rebel against that after one day and OFSTED,to be fair, didn’t want that. Embarrassed silence all round but carry on regardless.

slingshotsally and agathamorse like this.
  3. firstpoet

firstpoet New commenter

You’ve been
    brainwashed into accepting that the whole thing is dangerous but you might be right and I dare the DFE to put that in their recruitment.

slingshotsally and agathamorse like this.
  4. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

At a school that I once worked at, one of the creeps found out that the Head and their wife shopped at a certain branch of Tesco's every Saturday morning. From then on he always "accidentally" bumped into him every Saturday morning.

5. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Ah, lovely. Ironic really; displaying limited imagination over what is classy. Oh dear. Brown-nosing over the brown sauce at Tesco’s. Pastoral care in the pasta aisle. Discussing value-added by fhe Tesco added-value poverty section. This is English education today, chaps.