1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I thought modern cars were reliable

Discussion in 'Personal' started by giraffe, Feb 25, 2012.

1. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I thought modern cars were reliable, until I saw how many of them were sadly broken down in town yesterday evening. Poor things straddling the pavement, on double yellow lines, with their hazard lights flashing away.
    Their owners must be so upset [​IMG]

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I thought modern cars were reliable, until I saw how many of them were sadly broken down in town yesterday evening. Poor things straddling the pavement, on double yellow lines, with their hazard lights flashing away.
    Their owners must be so upset [​IMG]

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I take that the cars were not broken down but badly parked?
    Any reason why this would have happened yesterday where you live? Was there a special event on?

4. Funnily enough, I was thinking, only this morning, how new cars have really dodgy indicators....they only seem to work a third of the time.

5. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Those are not hazard lights. Those are the special lights you switch on so you can park anywhere you like.

6. bedingfield

bedingfield New commenter

Oh I thought the car manufacturers had stopped including them on the new models, and are now an optional extra.

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Seems that way where I live. Top of the range Audis and BMWs but no indicators.

8. I drove home behind of of them the other day. It had indicators but there'd must have been some kind of electrical malfunction because they only worked intermittently and several times indicated right when the car was turning left...