"I thought it was a lorry reversing", - said Mr Nell when I asked him why he had not responded our fire alarm going off. I thought the little voice that was coming from the fire alarm, that was saying "Fire. Fire" might have been a clue. My grandson wanted to light the fire in the living room and I thought we could do that together while his brother was having a bath upstairs. Our little fire turned into a blazing inferno that was licking roaring flames out of the hearth and filling the room with smoke. Three buckets of water later and a load of sooty water all over the place later.... no sign of Mr Nell. So I sent grandson to fetch Mr him and other grandchild as I thought the chimney was on fire and was preparing to evacuate/call the fire brigade. "Didn't you unblock the chimney?" he said. "How would I know it was blocked?" I replied. Apparently Mr Nell had blocked up the chimney some time earlier this year with a wad of newspaper....... it was this wad that had caught fire. We're all OK but the house is a bit smokey.