1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I thought I'd met the perfect woman....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Jonha, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Jonha

Jonha New commenter

....great body, doesn't talk much.......but she has now moved in with me (a couple of days ago) and lo and behold, she actually prefers to watch TV commercials than surf other channels. I am still in shock and came in here to get on the net and sulk. Her argument is that leaving the channel is disruptive and that I often end up staying on the other channels for too long or tune in to the sports channel and refuse to switch back. Man, annoying AND correct. She will have to go........:)

2. Jonha

Jonha New commenter

....great body, doesn't talk much.......but she has now moved in with me (a couple of days ago) and lo and behold, she actually prefers to watch TV commercials than surf other channels. I am still in shock and came in here to get on the net and sulk. Her argument is that leaving the channel is disruptive and that I often end up staying on the other channels for too long or tune in to the sports channel and refuse to switch back. Man, annoying AND correct. She will have to go........:)

3. If she's just moved in, you shouldn't be watching any TV at all! ;-)

4. Oh. This rings a bell. My friend has just emailed, all loved up, just moved in with the man of her dreams, but he is driving her mad flicking through the channels every time the ads come on, forgets to switch back so she missed the next bit of her programme, etc etc. I think she might be packing her things...

5. I am with your girlfriend.
    Men should be forbidden from using the remote control.
    Zap zap zap - about 0.7 of a nano second to decide that it is not worth watching and continue zapping.
    Until they find the sport channel.

6. Jonha, you missed the most important bit out of your opening line...

...grear body,doesn't talk much, 54 inch OLED ,full HD tv with full 7.1 Bose surround sound , 2x8 packs of Stella....

7. moonpenny

moonpenny New commenter

Talking of TV remote possessivenes.......I feel your pain ,Johna. I have a man who likes Corrie and a daughter who is into dead-enders. Both programmes "do my head in" .... a lot of TV isn't very interesting but I thought Luther was good last year.

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

What excellent taste he has Moonpenny! [​IMG]

9. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

What excellent taste he has Moonpenny! [​IMG]

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

No sympathy here Jonha, firstly for your blatant abuse of the word 'surf'. You are NOT surfing - you are sitting on your **** watching the telly.

Secondly, watching a TV programme or film involves commitment and dedication, like REAL surfing.

The film, the whole film, and nothing but the film, adverts included. Your lady sounds like a fine woman to me ;-)

11. the hamster ate the buttons on my remote control. no channel hopping here. mind, only retro tv so only 5 to choose from - til april, then none at all!

12. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

There is an old sying .you dont really now the partner til you live withthem!
    you are on a learning curve...no either you learn to accomodate in return for the skills and benifits she brings....or you part and you go back to your own selfish ways.

13. *snort*
    Would that be the great body and the fact that she doesn't talk much? [​IMG]

14. Just Sky+ everything and Fwd through the ads

tsk

15. If you were the perfect man you'd instinctively know how long an ad break lasts and flip back just in time.

16. moonpenny

moonpenny New commenter

Lapin: he's a corrie addict and both he and my daughter really like watching CBBC, especially Tracy Beaker and her spin off show. Canlt do the raised eyebow smiley as I'm on my phone.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I sympathise with you Jonha - I always zap through the channels or have a flick through the channel guide when adverts are on and occasionally find something I'd rather watch (not sport, obviously) or miss a few seconds of what I was watching - either is preferable to watching commercials.

18. [​IMG]

19. Jonha

Jonha New commenter

Thanks all, some good/funny/sober replies, as always!

20. Crikey!! If she's just moved in and, I assume, you are still all loved-up surely there is something more productive you could do with your time during the adverts than flick through the channels??!! I'm afraid it's YOU who would be seriously disappointing me!! ;-)