Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.
Don't forget to look at the how to guide.
Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, May 29, 2011.
I could list the songs but anyone my age will know exactly what is on this album!
It is a compilation album ... new
It was advertised on the TV and I pre-ordered on Itunes
I will try to find a list
I am finding myself doing that head jerk now and singing to myself. My kids think I am nuts.
1. Going Underground - The Jam
2. Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie And The Banshees
3. Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You shouldn't've)? - Buzzcocks
4. Pump It Up - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
5. Geno - Dexys Midnight Runners
6. Turning Japanese - The Vapors
7. My Best Friend's Girl - The Cars
8. Ca Plane Pour Moi - Plastic Bertrand
9. Dog Eat Dog - Adam & The Ants
10. Lucky Number - Lene Lovich
11. Airport - Motors
12. Because The Night - Patti Smith Group
13. Rat Trap - The Boomtown Rats
14. No More Heroes - The Stranglers
15. Another Girl Another Planet - The Only Ones
16. Do Anything You Wanna Do - Eddie & The Hot Rods
17. Making Plans For Nigel - XTC
18. Money - The Flying Lizards
19. Jilted John - Jilted John
20. Jimmy Jimmy - The Undertones
21. Banana Splits - The Dickies
22. If The Kids Are United - Sham 69
1. Hanging On The Telephone - Blondie
2. My Sharona - The Knack
3. Is She Really Going Out With Him? - Joe Jackson
4. Up The Junction - Squeeze
5. Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll - Ian Dury, The Blockheads
6. Back Of My Hand - Jags
7. I Got You - Split Enz
8. Rock Lobster - The B-52's
9. Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles
10. Stop Your Sobbing - The Pretenders
11. 2-4-6-8 Motorway - Tom Robinson Band
12. Into The Valley - The Skids
13. The Sound Of The Suburbs - The Members
14. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker - Ramones
15. Milk And Alcohol - Dr. Feelgood
16. King Rocker - Generation X
17. Prime Time - The Tubes
18. Whip It - Devo
19. Top Of The Pops - The Rezillos
20. Babylon's Burning - The Ruts
21. Public Image - Public Image Ltd.
22. I Am The Fly - Wire
1. Boys Don't Cry - The Cure
2. Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
3. Pretty In Pink - The Psychedelic Furs
4. Kids In America - Kim Wilde
5. They Dont Know - Kirsty MacColl
6. Reward - The Teardrop Explodes
7. Swords Of A Thousand Men - Tenpole Tudor
8. Eighth Day - Hazel O'Connor
9. I Heard It Through The Grapevine - The Slits
10. Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers
11. Gangsters - The Special AKA
12. On My Radio - The Selecter
13. Private Life - Grace Jones
14. Genius Of Love - Tom Tom Club
15. Broken English - Marianne Faithfull
16. Germfree Adolescents - X-Ray Spex
17. I'm In Love With A German Film Star - The Passions
18. No.1 Song In Heaven - Sparks
19. Being Boiled - The Human League
20. Life In Tokyo (Part 1) - Japan
21. We Got The Beat - The Go-Go's
22. C30 C60 C90 Go - Bow Wow Wow
oops ... should have paragraphed
That is one amazing play list.
I think I may need to buy...
My Sharona - that is another one where you jerked your head whilst dancing.
My son has just asked why we all danced as if we were having epileptic fits (but he is now youtubing the songs and is very impressed).
So very true
He says I look like a complete nutter. Daughter finds the dancing cool.
Son is, however, very impressed with the music.
Those are my teenhood tunes.
We are of the same vintage, RFand CQ .
Oh I can so annoy my own children with these...
I have Love will tear us apart blaring out now.
Fond memories of being 13 and my German teacher, who had a habit of making sounds on the blackboard when she was doing... dots with the chalk, which were exactly to the beat of the song.
which made us all start singing the song and totally confused her
Don't think it will appeal to my children though
Aaahh, fab list! Even though the only comparable artist to accompany the great Paul Weller, must be more Paul Weller, it makes sense to have some background context...
Although the idea of pre-ordering our youth has gotten me confused in a rip-in-the-fabric-of-space-time sort of way...
They just need training
(quote) "The reason they call it Rock music is because it's from the Stone Age! Hur Hur!"
Exactly. Now, they say that you have to try a new food about 20 times
before you acquire a taste for it. So - using that logic...
Well, mine love the music!
I have instantly become a cool mother.
I found that CDs in the car on long journeys was all the training needed
Hmmm, yes. My ex tortured me with Hawkwind. I still hate Hawkwind.
Son loves them.