1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I think my son is being bullied at school

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by geek84, Dec 17, 2010.

1. geek84

geek84 New commenter

Hi Folks
    I think my 9 year old son is being bullied at school.
    When I asked him. he denied it, but I feel that something is wrong.
    What do you suggest I do? Shall I speak to his teacher? However, that may be difficult since I have no evidence of bullying.
    Thanks in advance

2. Why not speak to the teacher? Your don't need evidence - could just ask for them to keep an eye out for him? Maybe.

3. I am curious to know why you think he is being bullied if he hasn't said so. What has given you that impression?

4. Yes - I would speak to the teacher, but more along the lines of - I am concerned, how is he getting on academically, and socially, and please could staff keep an extra eye on him.
    If you know any of his friends parents, tell them of your concerns and get them to speak to their children - they are the ones that will know!
    Talk to your son generally about the school anti bullying policy, ie are he and his friends aware of what they should do if someone is being bullied, does he understand the difference between bullying and non-bullying behaviour?
    Hope you get to the bottom of what is bothering him.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

What leads you to think it is bullying that is wrong? He has said it isn't and you have no evidence. Could it be something totally different?

I understand that you know something is wrong and maybe can't quite put your finger on it, but it might not be bullying. Pop in and have a chat with the teacher next term, she might be able to tell you exactly what it is that is upsetting him and what is being done, thus putting your mind at rest.