1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I think I've worked out why some people can't say sorry at all.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ricjamclick, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Ugh. So passive aggressive. Usually followed up with a "but...". Shots fired in my book.

I don't usually require an apology. I find that an admission that they were wrong and I was right is much more satisfying. :p

lanokia likes this.
  2. ricjamclick

ricjamclick New commenter

The one I like to use is "I am sorry you feel that way" i.e. I am not apologising at all, I am apologising for your attitude.

Completely agree that apologising can carry power. Just as long as it isn't overused.

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Then why do it at all? Why not just say that you're not sorry because you have no reason to be?

That post, when read in the context of your OP, is seriously weird.

4. ricjamclick

ricjamclick New commenter

Well, that's probably because you don't understand me; I think you are drawing your own inferences which are quite probably based on presumptions here. Obviously I don't wish to be misrepresented, but I suppose it inevitably happens.

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

Well, you asked for it. You owned up to making false apologies. I can't respect that.

Why not remind us of what happened ten years ago while you're at it?

6. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

I am sorry you are unable to benefit from Ricjam's posts, Inky.

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

Oh dear. I've done it now.

Am I in need of a sense-of-humour injection or am I missing something obvious?