1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I think it was worth it, but am never EVER doing that again!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Waterfin, Aug 23, 2011.

1. I've succumbed to my daughters' requests for a trampoline in the garden. I found one that was small enough for their bit of the garden that has been allocated as the 'play area' by my OH (to protect his lovely grass) and found one that is a relatively discrete dark green rather than the blue you often see. It is also, despite being only a 6 footer, strong enough to take me - and then some -as it will take up to 100kg.
    It arrived and, as my hubby wasn't too keen on me getting one, I wanted to get it built before he came home.
    With the help of a 6 and a 10 year old and some rather dodgy 2nd language instructions we have done it. It has gone down really well with the kids and I have seen nothing of them since it was finished as they are bouncing to their hearts content.
    But, it was blummin hard work. I have blisters on my blisters. My back and shoulders are sore. On more than one occasion I nearly considered pitching it into the field and giving up, but didn't.
    Never again!

2. I feel your pain!!
    When I worked for the summer camps we had to take the tramploline down at the end of every week and put it back up again at the start of the next week. They are absolutely evil things!

3. Well Done [​IMG]
    We had trouble getting the springs in (the only help I offered), but it was much fun watching Mr Fig trying to put it all together. [​IMG]

4. for some reason, I thought from your title you may have had colonic irrigation.

5. [​IMG] That made me laugh.
    There were probably some points in the afternoon when I would have thought that might have been a more pleasant option.