1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I think I'll go and do the ironing.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Feb 26, 2011.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I find this hard to believe but my husband is planning to spend the next 90 + watching a football match with a Gaelic commentary.
    Multi-culturalism gone mad I say.
    And before you ask, of course he doesn't speak Gaelic.

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I find this hard to believe but my husband is planning to spend the next 90 + watching a football match with a Gaelic commentary.
    Multi-culturalism gone mad I say.
    And before you ask, of course he doesn't speak Gaelic.

3. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

I'm watching England V France - I'm of the opinion that Brian Moore doesn't speak English

4. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

Sounds great, you don't need to speak the language to understand the emotion/ sentiments behind it.

5. I'm also watching England France. Brian Moore's English is less irritating than Butler's portentous, pretentious French pronunciation - it absolutely drives me up the wall!!

6. Oh really? How long have you been married? My old man would travel to the moon and listen to it in Slovak.
    Got any kids? I had the world's biggest ironing pile yesterday and got Son2 to play Trivial Pursuit with me! Throw my dice, move me to a cheese but not not an orange; I like green (he's colour blind but likes a challenge) and i still won and did a ton of ironing!!!!!

7. My ironing too please.
    We went to a story telling last week. It was great. My husband said it was just like the story tellings he used to go to on Tiree as a child. I asked him what the stories were about. He said he never knew because they were in Gaelic.
    Not exactly the same then..........

8. Oh for goodness sake. I'm moderated on Personal as well. TES feel it necessary to trash a good conversation about Gaelic ironing......