1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I think I can tell who uses Firefox

Discussion in 'Personal' started by modelmaker, Jul 23, 2011.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I've recently started using Firefox instead of IE and although I much prefer the speed, it has some odd quirky features. I don't know whether anyone else has noticed these. For example, it indents the first line of a post with a single space. Sometimes it removes spaces between words or adds them after a space and if I delete the second space, it deletes the last character of the previous word as well. Maybe it's just me?

2. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

This phrase made me smile! It is normally the response you get when reporting a bug to a computer programmer. They normally smile and say "it isn't a bug, it's a feature!"

3. I've started using Firefox recently and noticed this too. It is much quicker than IE and makes my online food order much less painful. It was taking sooo long to order using IE as the page wouldn't load and searching for an item took forever.

4. We're the ones who can't do links in posts! (or is that just me doing something wrong?). Agreed, Firefox is so much faster than IE for me.

5. I use Google Chrome and, although it's faster than IE for me, it doesn't like paragraphs on TES for some reason. It seems to only be this site though as I use another forum daily as well and it paragraphs fine on that.

6. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

You can put links in posts, it's slightly more work after you've pasted it in. Highlight the link or a word you'd like to link to a website such as this, then click on the chain icon to edit the link. The problem Firefox and TES seems to have is that the link URL box doesn't get populated with the link you're trying to post so you have to paste it in there.