1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I still love my ex

Discussion in 'Personal' started by chocolate_cupcake, May 6, 2012.

1. But he emigrated to Australia. We still keep in touch regularly. Not quite sure what else to say or do for that matter.

2. But he emigrated to Australia. We still keep in touch regularly. Not quite sure what else to say or do for that matter.

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Then stop it. Now!
    I shall PM you but not tonight.

4. dumpty

dumpty Lead commenter

I know it is not easy and man, we have all been there and know it isn't - but the sad truth is you have to accept his love for you was not enough to compromise on leaving for Oz. The day you accept that (and yes, it will take time as your ego wants to believe otherwise) is the day you are back and well.

5. There can't be many of us that don't have 'one that got away' and still have fond feelings for. But he has emigrated, not just gone for a holiday, and won't be coming back. Keeping in touch regularly is keeping your feelings alive and preventing you from moving on. You have to stop.
    It's hard, I know but you have to accept it's over. Be strong, it will get better!

6. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Within that communication there will be, on your part, a tiny 'you have made a terrible mistake you love me desperately but you just don't realise it' subliminal message. Whilst you are sending that then you retain some hope that the message will get through. Messages like these rarely do, and really shouldn't. Stop the communications and take away that false hope. My ex who made this dreadful mistake was 27 years ago. There's still a very tiny part of me that wonders 'hmmmm what if'. I wouldn't like him to be around, TBH.

7. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Presumably he didn't ask you to go with him?

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes. That is very true.