1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I really don't want to go

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Jan 2, 2011.

1. p>
    Our site supervisor (the primary key holder) lives in the village ... as a member of SLT I have his number in case there is a need o open outside of "normal hours"

2. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

I have heard of schools were all the staff have keys, think this tends to be in small schools though. But in answer to the origonal post, I am not looking forward to going back in on Wed.

3. Beckidaniel, you're not alone! All five teachers and the Head have keys in my school too. We can go in whenever we want by letting ourselves in and have not heard of a 'working alone' policy or whatever its called! I'm contemplating going in tomorrow too, although I really don't want to - even if just to take down the Christmas decorations and sort out my desk. In some ways its good to be able to access the school whenever I want as it means if I'm into something I can stay late or if I don't want to stay late on a Friday I can get in at the weekend. On the other hand though, being thrown out at half five from my last school meant I could justify spending less time on school work!

4. Thank Goodness!! I was beginning to think it was just us!! [​IMG]
    We have a policy we all sign showing we agree to certain security / H&S procedures whilst we are in school, and have obviously all signed to be key holders. I love the flexibility it gives, as i can work around other commitments and my social life. I have to say, i have worked in lots of schools and this one is by far the best in terms of staff attitude and commitment. I think being able to work within our own terms has helped us all to commit in a way we can enjoy. The only thing i dislike is that the front door key for the school is huge (as in 15 cm long), and its made a hole in two handbags now!!!