1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I posted my Controlled Assessment online.

Discussion in 'English' started by airy, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Tell your teacher.

2. 2knackered

2knackered New commenter

I agree. I can't be exactly the same...not unless you have a photographic memory...

3. Some of the sentances are the same,I wrote it down multiple times so i would remember it.
    I really dont want to tell my teacher because shes really strict and its going to be really embarassing.

Will the exam board definatly check ?

4. Tell your teacher. Embarrassment is better than failing.

5. Can you talk to your tutor who could tell your English teacher how upset and worried you are?
    This may then make it easier for you to talk to your English teacher.

6. The exam board won't read all of the CAs, they ask for a selection only. You must tell your teacher or another English. They will totally understand, promise.

7. I just cant.....

Im really shy and I cant even think about what has happened without crying

8. Email your teacher. Tell your parents and let them tell the school?

9. Tell your teacher but according to our subject adviser it would not matter - so long as your CATs are done under exam conditions, then you cannot be penalised for using anything online and remembering it. How could a student be penalised for a good memory?

10. seaviews

seaviews New commenter

You will not be penalised. You have not cheated. You do not need to worry about this.
    Focus on working towards your exams. Really and truly, stop worrying. You have not done anything wrong.
    If anyone says anything to you, show them what you wrote on here. This is evidence enough that you did not cheat.
    Good luck with the rest of your exams and don't share anything via the internet in the future!!
    Stop worrying now.

11. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

You haven't actually done anything wrong, however I suspect you are worried because you cannot prove it was you who wrote it online, so it could look like someone else wrote it and you remembered it.
    I don't wish to panic you, but the poster who said "a student cannot be punished for having a good memory" made nott be correct. Under that ruling, we could allow students to write out Harry Potter from memory, or any other published work.
    I think you need to tell your teacher about it. There's still time for you to re-sit another controlled assessment if necessary and theremore remove any potential problem. It sounds like the piece you are talking about is one of the creative writing pieces. They only take a couple of hours and all you need to do is be given a new title/task to complete.
    Better than a failing grade.

12. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

Not definitely, but they might, and the software that they use is very very good - I know because we use it in my school.
    She's also a human being. And it would be far more embarrassing if you get unlucky and get accused of cheating by the exam board. If that were to happen, then you would be in a lot more trouble.
    I know this sounds harsh, but I am being honest. Tell your teacher and ask her if you can be allowed to do a new assessment with a new title. That way, you will be embarrassed for a short time, but you can stop worrying.
    I don't teach anyone called Megan at the moment, so I know you're not in my class (if that's your real name!) but I am really strict too, and I would be much more upset if one of my students didn't tell me about this when there was still time to do something about it.
    Good luck.