1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I pads apps that could be used for a whole class

Discussion in 'Primary' started by broadshoulders, May 21, 2012.

1. broadshoulders

broadshoulders New commenter

Hi

I know that I am one of the fortunate ones where all teachers have an iPad to be used in lessons.

I was just wondering if anybody else has use of one. If so are there any apps that you have used that you feel has helped in a classroom.

I mainly teach in year 4, but do problem solving in year 3 and geography and history in year 5

Thank you in advance

2. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Can you clarify - do you have one iPad to use with the whole class? If this is the case, I probably wouldn't try, I'd have a small group using it and alternate who gets to use it. I work in a special school and am incredibly fortunate that my class have an iPad each (unless some evil other class try to borrow them!) but what about trying puppetpals HD (free but well worth the £1.99 or so to upgrade as it allows you to put your own characters in so massively expanding what you can do) Would be great to reenact historical events, hot seating characters and much, much more.

3. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

Have a look at teachingappz.co.uk